Schools have their lawyers.
You need your own.
Mr. Smith’s reputation encourages schools’ lawyers to speak frankly right at the outset. His performance has earned their respect — the largest school-board law firm in the state recommends him to parents of students in their clients’ district.
For his clients Mr. Smith
- Brings suit in state court for damages to students from the negligence of school districts and the violence of classmates;
- Counsels the victims of bullying and harassment on their rights;
- pursues claims under civil rights laws in state and federal court against school districts for the intentional disregard of sexual harassment of one student by another;
- Represents students in hearings conducted by boards of education to consider expulsion for behavior on and off school grounds;
- Advocates for special education services in PPT meetings, mediation sessions and due process hearings;
- Provides advice to parents on their rights concerning attendance, concussions, medication, and DCF;
- Defends adolescents in juvenile and criminal court against charges stemming from behavior in and out of school
- Advises families on the rights enjoyed by students that attend private schools;
- Appears on behalf of adolescents in guardianship hearings conducted by the Probate Court;
- Advises teachers on their civil rights and represents them in court and in hearings for claims against their employer.